Complete Laboratory Solutions (CLS) is the largest privately-owned contract laboratory in Ireland and provides sampling, analysis and fully trained analysts on contract to clients in the environmental, food, medical device and pharmaceutical industries. CLS also provides clinical testing to the highest standard.
In an exciting time of growth and development for CLS, we are looking to fill the following role –
This position will be based in our Rosmuc lab in Connemara. Access to a car will be required in order to commute in and out from the lab.
Job Description – Quality Specialist
- Full time role located in Rosmuc, Co. Galway.
- Technical writing abilities required for Quality Manual, Methods Manual, and Work Instruction review.
- Ensuring all calibrations are completed in a timely manner as required according to the equipment matrix for review by the Quality Manager.
- Organisation and sending of required equipment to external subcontracting calibration laboratory.
- Gathering of QC data for equipment and relevant consumables for trending purposes.
- Maintaining records relating to laboratory bench Quality Control.
- Trending of performance data in External Quality Assurance (proficiency) for review by the Quality Manager.
- Trending of performance data of Internal Quality Assurance for review by the Quality Manager.
- Review of training files associated with the Microbiology Laboratory to ISO 17025 requirements.
- Performing of internal audits when required.
- Assisting the Quality Manager in preparation and responses for third party audits ISO 17025 (INAB), ISO 9001 and customer audits.
- Compliance with ISO 17025 (INAB) requirements and CLS internal quality and technical procedures.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Third level qualification in a science discipline with 2-3 years’ experience preferably in a laboratory environment.
- Experience of Good Laboratory Practice and INAB ISO 17025 documentation.
- Good organization skills and time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to critically assess issues and execute problem-solving.
- Experience in Internal Auditing preferable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written and technical writing skills.
- Collaboration and teamwork. Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
- Knowledge and proficient in the use of Microsoft products including Excel and Word.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org