Overview: CLS is currently going through an unprecedented and exciting period of growth and development and is now looking for an experienced Microbiology Team Manager to lead our managed service team on-site at our client’s facility in Limerick. This is an exciting opportunity to join CLS as a full-time employee while acting as a key support for our client. The successful candidate would be responsible for leading a new Microbiological Team of 15+ analysts and supervisors as we scale up the team over a period of about 12 months.
Founded in 1994, Complete Laboratory Solutions (CLS) is the highest accredited contract laboratory in Ireland, providing industry-leading sampling, analysis and fully trained micro and analytical analysts on contract to clients in the food, environmental, medical device, biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical sectors.
We offer bespoke managed service solutions that give clients the option of having our expert team on-site at their own facility or outsourcing those services to us here at CLS.
The Role: Microbiology Team Manager – Client Site
Reporting to: Director of Outsourcing
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Team Manager shall supervise the team and shall ensure all testing is performed in accordance with clients policies and procedures and the service agreement.
- The Team Manager(s) shall be responsible for:
- managing the Supervisors and Analysts and liaising with Client Personnel;
- liaising with Client Personnel in relation to the performance of the Services, and ensure that all area metrics are met, and deviations/method verifications are reviewed in a timely manner;
- ensuring that all staff are trained to perform their duties;
- ensuring that all testing is completed on time and to the required specification;
- maintaining laboratory facilities and equipment used by the Service Team in the performance of the Services including, without limitation:
- sanitisation and housekeeping;
- reviewing temperature monitoring profiles;
- calibration; and
- required materials are in place for testing.
- Bachelor of Science Level 8 degree
- Minimum of seven years’ good manufacturing practice experience, preferably at least three of which were at a similar level
- Strong organisational and leadership skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- First aid certification is a plus.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within a dynamic and rapidly expanding industry
- Joining a collaborative and innovative team dedicated to excellence in service delivery
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org