Position: Microbiology Analyst
The Microbiology Analyst shall carry out most of his/her duties in the Microbiology Laboratory and the primary tasks and responsibilities of the position are as follows.
- Working as directed by Microbiology Laboratory supervisor according to Company safety policies and quality standards
- Performing microbiological testing and confirmation on samples to relevant test methods.
- Ensuring results are recorded in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensuring that any out of suspicious results are alerted to the supervisor.
- Completion of test records / LIMS and ensuring Right First Time KPIs are achieved.
- Stock control within Micro laboratory
- Support of validation activity when required
- Maintaining laboratory records in a state of compliance.
- Participating in audits when required.
- Performing or assisting Quality Manager with calibration of equipment
- Waste control and maintenance of the laboratory and of Lab cleaning schedule
- Performing any other activities as indicated by the Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor
- Support the Lean Laboratory program within the Microbiology Laboratory.
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications
- 3rd level qualification in Microbiology or equivalent
- Should be very familiar with microbiological aspects of GMP regarding medical devices/pharmaceutical and auditing practices for relevant internal and external audits
- 2 years experience desirable
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, progressive company
- PCR knowledge and experience are desirable
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, having strong documentation skills
- Familiar with GMP standards and ISO 17025
We will only reply to those candidates we are progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send in a cover letter with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org