CLS is Ireland’s leading provider of sampling, analysis and on-contract analysts to the food, environmental, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Founded in 1994, CLS is renowned for delivering high-quality laboratory data, always on time and in the most customer-focused way.
CLS is currently going through an unprecedented and exciting period of growth and development.
Please note this role is situated in Connemara Co. Galway, access to car will be required.
The Job: Environmental Chemistry Analyst
Reporting to: Operations Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing laboratory chemistry analysis, ensuring that all tests and laboratory practices meet stringent controls for compliance with INAB ISO17025 standards and guidelines.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment in accordance with the CLS Laboratory Quality System
- Producing results of highest integrity.
- Assisting in method validation and participation in quality compliance related activities as required.
- Good trouble shooting and technical ability desirable.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Immediate notification of any QC related issues or out of specification control results to the Deputy Quality Manager.
- Good computer skills and experience with all Microsoft office applications.
- You will be involved in results entry to the LIMS and Quality Control compliance.
- Provide a quality and efficient service in a friendly and team orientated fashion.
- Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interpret analytical results in the context of compliance requirements
- Dealing honestly in all matters relating to the Employer’s business.
- Every employee has the responsibility to work safely and carefully to ensure their own safety and that of those around them.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A 3rd level science qualification in Chemistry, Forensic Science, Environmental Science or equivalent.
- Experience in organic/inorganic water analysis, preferably in an ISO17025 accredited laboratory desirable
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills
- Passionate about technical expertise and quality work.
- Effective communicator both internally and externally, with well-developed verbal and written skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Be capable of working on own initiative
- Ability to critically review analytical data, .
- Highly organised
- Full driving license preferable
- We will only reply to those candidates we are progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process
- Parking on premises
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Technical development
- Education support
Apply for this position
Suitable applicants are invited to email their CV with cover letter to: email@example.com
We will reply only to those applicants that we are progressing to the next recruitment stage.