Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Ros Muc, Connemara, Co Galway (Eir Code H91 YK81)
We are looking for an ambitious and inspirational leader who will oversee daily activities across our environmental services and food and water safety testing operations. The ideal candidate will be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mindset with excellent business experience who is committed to exceeding expectations across productivity, compliance and supporting our team to have fulfilling careers!
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the achievements of CLS in a fast-paced innovative and inclusive company as we continue to expand. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will work directly with the leadership team and staff onsite.
As a senior director level appointment, responsibilities include ensuring a high level of team performance and accreditation standards, overseeing customer service and implementing innovative technology solutions to create positive impact – ensuring alignment to our company values at all times.
Role & responsibilities:
Will include but are not limited to:
- Compliance with quality and health and safety regulations and standards.
- New business development including leading tenders and business renewals.
- Manage resources – supporting current team to be high performing technical analysts plus training of analysts to prepare for work on client sites.
- Manage business performance metrics and financial KPIs with a focus on commercial development and sales.
- Liaise and manage client projects, transfers, and method development.
- Represent CLS as lead for on-site and off-site meetings and support with brand communications.
- Increase capacity and capability within department and advance team support and structures.
- Apply project management and strategic planning to changing business needs.
- Be flexible to the company’s ongoing necessities and support the Ros Muc site and wider CLS business.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and industry expertise with 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Hold strong decision-making capabilities and advanced analytical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to use initiative, respond to work demands in a flexible manner and produce on time to high quality output.
- Have excellent people skills and confidence to support all levels of personnel across the organization.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships and networking skills.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skillset.
- Background and/or qualification in Science or Engineering a requirement.
- Hold qualification in Six sigma training, leadership training, Masters in Business Administration or similar.
- Experience in technical capacity in a laboratory environment an advantage.
What we can offer you:
- A strategic appointment at senior level with high level of impact and ownership
- Full-time contract with an attractive remuneration package
- Social and team building initiatives.
- Lead CLS to become an award winner with recognition in the Food & Environment sector
This position is full-time based on 40 hours per week at our CLS Ros Muc premises in Galway with some travel requirements.
How to apply:
Email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
CLS is Ireland’s highest accredited contract laboratory, providing testing, quality assurance and analysts on contract to the MedTech, pharmaceutical, food and environmental industries. The team operate across three locations: Ros Muc in Galway, catering for environmental and food sector, Galway City who service all MedTech and pharmaceutical clients and Bray in Wicklow as the companies support site.
Integrity without compromise is not just a strapline, it is the philosophy behind everything we do at CLS. Trust, respect, honesty and a genuine desire to create a positive and welcoming working environment are our core values. The ambition and professionalism of our team is the driving force behind our success and a constant striving for excellence is our route to building a secure future for our team and our customers.