Complete Laboratory Solutions (CLS) provides sampling, analysis and fully trained analysts on contract to clients in the environmental, food, medical device and pharmaceutical industries. CLS also provides clinical testing to the highest standard.
In an exciting time of growth and development for CLS, we are looking to fill the following role Cost Accountant
This position provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the achievements of CLS in a fast-paced innovative and inclusive environment. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will work directly with the wider finance team. This role is based in both our Galway City site and Ros Muc site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead the implementation of SAP in the finance department.
• Perform strong analytics and develops insight used to build monthly financial forecasts, Budgets, and Strategic Plans. A specific focus will be on new and existing services.
• Developing and analysing cost standards.
• Developing operational metrics and KPI’s.
• Creating innovative ideas and value creation.
• Lead by influence and strong communication across the company on cost management and awareness.
• Assist in the preparation of reporting packages and analysis of the commercial financial performance, identify and evaluate key business metrics and trends. Analyze actual versus forecasted and budgeted financial results. Provide variance analysis highlighting key business drivers as required for executive reporting, project status and expense status.
• Gain a deep understanding of the business including key services, competitive movements, and our customers actions as well as the overall industry.
• Develop modeling and analysis to assess and challenge commercial forecasts and transfer them into a financial plan. Reviews, challenges, and analyzes product level plans.
• Analyze and evaluate budget and forecast data, calculations and underlying assumptions from both a business and financial perspective.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of information used in reporting, analysis, and decision-making by thoroughly analyzing conditions, trends, and facts.
• Assist with ad hoc requests on business performance and continually evaluates planning assumptions.
• Ensure the integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of information.
Education and Qualifications:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required with a specialization in Finance or Accounting and 2-4 years of experience is preferred. Related experience and/or education may be considered.
• Previous SAP implementation would be an advantage.
• Must possess strong Finance/Accounting technical knowledge, as well as business acumen. Prior forecasting, planning and financial modeling experience is a plus.
• Must have advanced technical skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must possess decision-making capabilities and analytical skills; Must also demonstrate the ability to take initiative, respond to work demands in a flexible manner and produce timely, high quality work products.
• This position also requires excellent interpersonal skills and confidence sufficient to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization.
• Must possess excellent ability to communicate ideas and analysis effectively to influence business decisions and display confidence and maturity in dealing with all levels of the organization.
• Must have the skill sets to build and maintain sound and reliable business relationships.
• Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is preferred.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV into email@example.com
CLS is an equal opportunities employer.