A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Analytical Chemistry Trainer within our leading Testing Laboratories accredited to HPRA GMP and FDA Inspected. This is a Permanent & Full-Time role based in Galway City. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of analytical chemistry training in compliance with GMP.
Job Title: Analytical Trainer.
Reporting to: Senior trainer and Director of Outsourcing.
Position: Permanent & Full Time
The responsibilities of the Analytical Chemistry Trainer include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the day to day training Analytical Chemistry Analysts.
- Allocation of training activities.
- Communicate with customers in relation to Training queries, forecasting etc.
- GMP review of Laboratory log books.
- Participate in Laboratory audits e.g. Regulatory /Customer.
- Execution of analytical testing/ training as per approved protocols, current Pharmacopoeia and test methods etc.
- Calibration and maintenance of Laboratory equipment including Balances, pH meter, Conductivity meter, Karl Fischer, glassware drying oven temperature and auto pipettes.
- Provide cross functional development and technical expertise within the analytical team.
- Ensure GMP compliance among the trainee analysts.
- Coordination of holidays and overtime of trainee Analytical Chemistry Analysts.
- Motivate and mentor staff.
- Organisation of internal and external proficiency schemes.
- Ensuring that all training schedules are running as planed and taking proactive action to ensure same.
- Participates in other quality systems activities such as internal audit, inspection preparation and change control as required.
- Conduct Learning Needs Analysis and Gap Assessments.
- Maintain, update and coordinate role-based curriculum or training matrices.
- Track, trend and monitor training compliance; prepare routine progress reports on job specific training programs for management.
- Review of trainee analytical data.
- Adherence to Health & Safety guidelines and regulations.
A Level 8 Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline is required.
- A primary qualification in Chemistry or a related discipline coupled with 2-3 years working experience in a GMP Quality Control Laboratory.
- HPLC and GC experience required.
- A complete understanding of the applicable GMP/ICH requirements is desirable.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- HPLC analysis using Empower 3 of raw materials, excipients and finished products.
- Validation/Qualification studies and projects.
- Some experience of providing training to new analysts.
- Proven ability to work in a busy and deadline orientated environment.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about technical expertise and quality work.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
We will only be replying to those candidates that will be progressing to the next stage.
Apply for this position
Suitable applicants are invited to email their CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply only to those applicants that we are progressing to the next recruitment stage.