Complete Laboratory Solutions (CLS) is the largest privately-owned contract laboratory in Ireland and provides sampling, analysis and fully trained analysts on contract to clients in the environmental, food, medical device and pharmaceutical industries. CLS also provides clinical testing to the highest standard.
In an exciting time of growth and development for CLS, we are looking to fill the following role –
This role is situated in Oranmore Co. Galway, please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: The administrator must hold a minimum qualification of NQF Level 8 and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
Roles and Responsibilities
An administrative and data assistant support resource is required to provide ongoing support to programmes and specifically to following key tasks including –
- Maintain and supporting sampling programme including preparation for sampling and subsampling; undertaking sampling and subsampling; maintain records and oversee that the legally defensible chain of custody is maintained;
- Providing administrative support for the testing programme including organising third party analysis
- Data entry: maintain and manage residue datasets; crosschecking of sampling data, results data and analytical method data and upload to a SQL database using a combination of the sampling application and Python-based Jupyter Notebooks
- Identify and troubleshoot data process issues and assist in development/problem solving
- Prepare, generate and cross check analytical and technical reports to meet client requirement
- Assisting with publications of MI data, monitoring reports including formatting and presentation
- Record keeping for the group and managing archiving of paper and electronic files
- Supporting key aspect of quality system implementation in the chemistry team including assisting with organising and recording equipment maintenance, training, tracking residue analysis & turnaround.
- Support for budget management by tracking and forecasting expenditure
- Assisting with procurement including public tenders
- Communications support
- Border Inspection Post including safeguard programme support and liaison
- Assisting with sample collection in the field, sample reception and sample preparation
- Assisting with meeting and event organisation
- Other tasks relevant to the role
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Some experience in budget management
- A professional, pro-active approach with and an ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Proven working knowledge of Office suite, esp. Excel, Word, Office
- Be capable of working on your own initiative.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Proven ability at effective decision-making.
- Full clean driving lessons
- Experience in working and managing large datasets
- Some knowledge of programming such as Python or SQL