CLS is currently going through an unprecedented and exciting period of growth and development and is now looking for a committed and motivated Administrator for the Marine Institute located in Oranmore
The administrator must hold a minimum qualification of NQF Level 8 and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience. Read the details below and if you would like to apply send your CV to email@example.com
Roles and responsibilities:
An administrative and data assistant support resource is required to provide ongoing support to programmes and specifically to following key tasks including –
- Maintain and supporting sampling programme including preparation for sampling and subsampling; undertaking sampling and subsampling; maintain records and oversee that the legally defensible chain of custody is maintained.
- Providing administrative support for the testing programme including organising third party analysis.
- Data entry: maintain and manage residue datasets; crosschecking of sampling data, results data and analytical method data and upload to a SQL database using a combination of the sampling application and Python-based Jupyter Notebooks.
- Identify and troubleshoot data process issues and assist in development/problem solving.
- Prepare, generate and cross check analytical and technical reports to meet client requirement.
- Assisting with publications of MI data, monitoring reports including formatting and presentation.
- Record keeping for the group and managing archiving of paper and electronic files.
- Supporting key aspect of quality system implementation in the chemistry team including assisting with organising and recording equipment maintenance, training, tracking residue analysis & turnaround.
- Support for budget management by tracking and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with procurement including public tenders.
- Communications support.
- Border Inspection Post including safeguard programme support and liaison.
- Assisting with sample collection in the field, sample reception and sample preparation.
- assisting with meeting and event organisation.
- Other tasks relevant to the role.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Some experience in budget management.
- A professional, pro-active approach with and an ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Proven working knowledge of Office suite, esp. Excel, Word, Office.
- Be capable of working on your own initiative.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Proven ability at effective decision-making.
- Full clean driving license.
- Experience in working and managing large datasets.
- Some knowledge of programming such as Python or SQL.