Complete Laboratory Solutions
Complete Laboratory Solutions (CLS) is the largest privately-owned contract laboratory in Ireland and provides sampling, analysis and fully trained analysts on contract to clients in the environmental, food, medical device and pharmaceutical industries. CLS also provides clinical testing to the highest standard.
In an exciting time of growth and development for CLS, we are looking to fill the following role –
Scientific Project Manager
In this position, which is mainly based in Galway city, you will ensure that all required programme deliverables for our environmental key accounts are being met. This requires excellent interpersonal skills, data management, planning and organisational skills. Good understanding of water quality and regulatory compliance and excellent computer skills. You will interact with our ISO17025 accredited laboratories with various departments within the company as well as with numerous agencies and clients to provide a customer focused service.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Experience in liaising with statutory and non-statutory bodies, local authorities, government agencies, utilities etc.
- Manage and coordinate projects ensuring that the agreed deliverables from sampling to reporting are being met. You will competently oversee key account projects that require you to provide clear and concise information on time to the Sampling coordinator, laboratory, administrators and finance, thereby achieving all programme KPIs.
- Liaising with clients about analysis requirements and preparing quotations in line with their needs
- Using a bespoke LIMS system.
- Investigate and follow up on all relevant client queries.
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Provide advice and interpretation of chemical analysis results and water quality to clients.
- Prepare detailed project reports
- Data management and compilation of programme specific excel report formats.
- Assist in the compilation of tender submissions
Skills and Competencies
- A third level qualification in Science or equivalent
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position/of similar work in a fast paced environment.
- Project Management and customer service experience of key accounts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft office/excel and report writing skills
- Knowledgeable of water analysis parameters a distinct advantage
- Have the ability to develop and build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be highly motivated, develop and deliver work under own initiative
- Have the ability to collect, manage and interpret data.
- Have good written and verbal communications skills with good influencing skills.
- Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong commercial awareness
Suitable applicants are invited to email their CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only reply to those candidates we are progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Closing date for this position is close of business on 15th January 2021