The Quality Manager is a senior management appointment and ensures that all aspects of the laboratories including quality, personnel, premises and environment, equipment, information systems, analysis/examination, and pre-and post-examination processes function correctly. This is achieved in coordination with the consulting Clinical Microbiologist, Laboratory/Technical Director.
The QM is responsible for the following:
- All matters relating to the quality management system establishment, implementation, and maintenance for ISO 15189 quality systems.
- Reporting on the performance of the quality management system to the management review.
- Perform Risk Assessments in compliance with ISO 15189 requirements.
- Authorisation of amendments to the manuals and document control.
- Initiating action to prevent the occurrence of quality system non-conformances.
- Identifying and record any quality problems and initiating/recommending and providing solutions.
- Verifying the implementation of such solutions.
- Controlling further operations of non-conformity until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Management of the Internal Audit Schedule, assigning Internal Audits, training of Internal Audit team, review and follow on of audit findings.
- Coordination of internal and external calibration schedule.
- Auditing and monitoring of the samplers. ng to time are assisted by other members of staff.e DEputy
- Motivate staff to achieve targets and always optimise the use of resources.
- Motivate team to promote team spirit, increased efficiency, and full engagement.
- Support the development and introduction of new technologies and test development.
- Support on customer queries
- Document interpretation of results where required.
- Support staff induction and training
- Maintenance of all documentation in compliance with 15189
- Oversee Ros Muc Covid laboratory with some site visits and remote engagements
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of management in ISO 15189 laboratory environment.
- Third Level science qualification preferably BSc, Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
- Proven ability to build effective and trusting relationships across the organisation
- Experience influencing and communicating with management at all levels and a technically focused workforce
- High level of influencing skills required utilising problem-solving, critical thinking skills and methodologies to garner support.
We will only respond to those applicants that are progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process