Environmental Chemistry Technician
Vacancy in our inorganic chemistry laboratory based in RosMuc, Connemara, County Galway. The role is that of Environmental Chemistry Technician, full time and permanent following an initial 6 months probation period.
experience / qualifications:
- BSC in Chemistry, Forensic analysis, Environmental Science or equivalent
- Keen interest in water and soil analytical techniques (Heavy metals by ICP-MS, TOC/TN by combustion, Discreet spectrophotometric Auto analyser, IC, BOD, COD, TSS, electrometric methods, OFG, Titrations, spectrophotometer, turbidymeter, wet chemistry, major cations and anions, dust fall analysis. LOI, N & P in soil, metals in soil)
- Good team player in a busy, ISO17025 accredited laboratory
- 1-2 years Laboratory work experience would be an advantage.
- (Soil and water)
- 2 year minimum commitment required
- Good attention to detail
- Understanding of Quality Control requirements
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Highly motivated
- Full driving licence
- Routine analysis with emphasis on inorganics and ensuring that the day to day requirements in the chemistry lab are being met.
- Ensuring that tests and laboratory practices meet stringent controls for compliance with the requirements of INAB.
- Involved in housekeeping, results entry to the LIMS, assisting with Quality Control tasks and compliance checks, instrument calibration and maintenance
Suitable applicants are invited to email their application with CV to email@example.com. Please quote ENV-CH-0614 in your application email.
EXPERIENCED PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMIST
experience / qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of Two to Three years industrial experience in a GMP regulated QC chemistry laboratory.
- A degree in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry or other related qualification is required.
- Must have 2+ years experience on HPLC and familiar & fluent with Empower software.
- Strong documentation skills are required.
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Must possess key competencies: Team Work, Flexibility, Planning/Organisation, Problem Solving, and Communication.
- Experience with regulatory inspections and interacting with inspectors.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to follow assignments through to completion.
- Strong word processing, presentation, database and spreadsheet application skills.
- Strong communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Strong skill in working independently and to effectively interact with various levels.
- A strong team player is essential.
- Must be motivated, focused and technically strong.
A good remuneration package is available for the suitable candidate.
Suitable applicants are invited to email their application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote EPC100114 in your application email.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have a minimum of three years industrial experience in a 17025 accredited laboratory.
- A degree in analytical chemistry, organic chemistry or other related qualification is required.
- A strong track record in the validation of chromatography techniques
- Have technical knowledge in the development and validation of analytical methods as per ICH guidelines
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot instrumentation/methodology/data validation issues systematically and utilise strong technical knowledge in resolving issues
- Must be motivated, focused and technically strong
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Salary: A good remuneration package is available for the suitable candidate.
Please send applications with cover letter to: email@example.com